Bethany, OK (PRWEB) March 18, 2014 -- According to the 2014 Babson Survey “Grade Change: Tracking Online Education in the United States”, the number of students taking at least one online course increased by over 411,000 to a new total of 7.1 million. The survey also revealed that ninety percent of academic leaders believe that it is likely or very likely that a majority of all higher education students will be taking at least one online course in five years’ time.
Reggies Wenyika, Ed.D, Southwestern Christian University Provost, is among those believers. “Southwestern Christian University (SCU) academic programs continue to grow qualitatively and quantitatively. Our student-faculty ratio is 17 to 1 and we are proud to offer an environment and curriculum that cultivates the integration of faith, learning and living. These are just a few of the many advantages of the SCU educational experience,” said Dr. Wenyika, “At SCU, students are prepared to become competitive and ready candidates for the professional world. This uniqueness is evidenced in SCU graduates who have brought the light of our Lord Jesus Christ to the professional world for over 60 years.”
Appealing to Modern Students
As the proportion of higher education students taking at least one online course is at an all-time high of 33.5 percent, Southwestern Christian University has created career-concentrated degree programs that offer good growth and employment opportunities for the future.
SCU offers a fully online Bachelors degree in Professional Leadership (BPL) for both entry-level students and busy working adults by offering concentrations in Business, Management, Social Services, and Christian Leadership. With the flexibility of this online degree program, students can take advantage of the high-quality, Christ-centered education that on-campus students receive without the time constraints of attending classes on campus. This BPL degree is intended for the adult student who has some college level experience but never finished a four-year degree.
Southwestern Christian University is a Christ-centered liberal arts institution equipping students for a life of learning, leadership, and service; integrating faith, learning, living, and empowering graduates to excel and to positively impact their world for Jesus Christ. The integration of faith, learning and living is central to every academic discipline and is led by dedicated faculty members who are committed to academic excellence, the elevation of critical thinking skills, and personal, spiritual and intellectual growth.
Distinction to Students
In addition to quality online education, Southwestern Christian University offers the following to their students:
• Specialized, Adult-focused and career-based education programs that offer good growth and employment opportunities for the future
• Regional accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, recognition by the United States Department of Education and Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
• Flexible and convenient access to programs when and where it works for students, allowing them to maintain responsibilities to their current job or family
• Smaller, faculty-led class sizes that create an environment much more conducive to learning
• Student financial aid programs are available to those who qualify and apply. Also a dedicated Financial Aid specialist to guide students through the FAFSA and grant award process
Busy adults who are seeking further professional advancement, leadership, and faith should contact Southwestern Christian University by visiting http://elearning.swcu.edu or calling (855) 624-0853.
SCU Student Services, Southwestern Christian University, http://elearning.swcu.edu/, +1 855-624-0853, [email protected]