Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) January 27, 2014 -- A new survey reveals the differences in buying habits and expectations by the sexes this Valentine's Day. The survey, by credit card comparison website CreditDonkey.com, found a disconnect between men and women respondents.
Survey Findings: http://www.creditdonkey.com/valentines-day-gift.html
"While most Americans plan to stick to traditions - 64.5% of male respondents say they’ll take their significant other to dinner, 60.3% will give flowers, and 41.2% will give chocolates - our survey suggests it may be time to consider a less predictable Valentine's Day gift," says Charles Tran, founder of CreditDonkey.com.
- While 64.5% of male respondents plan to give dinner, only 54.8% of female respondents want dinner.
- While 60.3% of male respondents plan to give flowers, only 36.9% of female respondents want flowers.
- While 41.2% of male respondents plan to give chocolates, only 34.5% of female respondents want chocolate.
The researchers at CreditDonkey.com suggest instead that guys consider:
- Jewelry: 22.2% of female respondents want to receive jewelry, yet only 18.9% of male respondents plan to give jewelry.
- Gift Cards: 12.6% of female respondents want to receive gift cards, yet only 7.9% of male respondents plan to give gift cards.
- Electronics: 7.1% of female respondents want to receive electronics, yet only 3.7% of male respondents want to give electronics.
For more survey findings, including what men want to receive for Valentine's Day, visit http://www.creditdonkey.com/valentines-day-gift.html
CreditDonkey.com survey 1,235 Americans, age 18 and over between January 10 and January 13, 2014. 59% plan to celebrate Valentine's Day. Results and analysis are based on those who plan to celebrate Valentine's Day.
CreditDonkey.com provides information on the credit issues, news, and trends facing Americans through proprietary market research and analysis. Families can visit CreditDonkey.com to save money and stay informed with "donkey-proof" (easy to understand) financial tips and deals.
Charles Tran, CreditDonkey.com, http://www.creditdonkey.com/, +1 (866) 586-2488 Ext: 7024, [email protected]