Kabul, Afghanistan (PRWEB) December 08, 2014 -- The 2014 Blossom Humanitarian Award Recipients have been officially announced, and a special celebration gala at the Bagh-e-Babur Queen’s Palace, attended by hundreds of guests, marked the important occasion recognizing these individuals who demonstrate exemplary service and commitment for humanity in Afghanistan.
Dr. Mansoor Mullahkhel, Director General of Blossom Health Care Center, along with Master of Ceremonies and actor Mamnoon Maqsoodi, introduced the award winners to nearly 400 guests who included physicians, Parliamentarians, military leaders, media, sports, religious leaders, health care workers, children and families. This is a positive step among an era of suicide attacks and bombings, and the first time in Afghan history since war of nearly three decades, when a private sector recognized leadership and humanitarian efforts in Afghanistan.
The Award recipients and attendees were entertained by the special guest appearances of singers Jawed Amerkhel and Din Mohammad Ghamkhwar.
“The Blossom Humanitarian Award recipients improve our community health. Health in all matters, not just in medical, but from education, sports, the arts, overcoming indifference and inspiring others. These individuals demonstrate commitment in serving the less fortunate through selfless and courageous acts,” says Dr. Mansoor Mullahkhel.
The selected 2014 Blossom Humanitarian Award winners include:
• Muhammad Yunus Nawandish, Mayor of Kabul, who has helped rebuild Kabul’s streets, parks, landscape, and other control management. He has also gone beyond the scope of his work experience, and has demonstrated a flourishing interest in engineering and education.
• Dr. Mohammad Ayaz Niazi, University Professor and religious authority on Islam and an inspiration for peace.
• Afghanistan Football Federation and the Afghan Cricket Board, received for their influence and improvement in sports enthusiasm and healthy lifestyle changes.
• Dr. Farhad Abasin, Emergency Medicine Physician with Blossom from its beginnings, and Dr. Mohammad Fahim Khaleqi, internal medicine specialist who both provide seamless medical care and help to those in need.
• Mrs. Shukria Barakzai, Parliamentarian, who has improved the understanding of Afghan women and has established a press newspaper for civil benefits.
• Dr. Mohammad Zahir Shah, Neurosurgeon whose pioneering has advanced neurosurgery, and was the first posterior fossa approach to remove a brain mass, a pilocytic astrocytoma, in Afghanistan.
• Dr. Bahar Ahmad Omari, Medical Director & General Surgeon, with life-changing surgeries and helping the poor and patients with severe cases, without compensation.
• General Khatool Mohammadzai, the first female Afghan parachutist and Armed Forces General, who has been awarded medals by the United States, Canada and France, and is a strong and positive influence for the bravery of women in Afghanistan.
• Khwaja Hussain Sidiqi, Intensive Care Unit nurse and Saleema Yusef Zadeh, hospital nurse who tirelessly care for patients beyond their daily duties.
• Rohullah Nikpai, two-time Olympic Bronze medalist in taekwondo, considered a national hero for Afghanistan and a messenger of peace with his sport and influence.
• Mr. Fahim Hashimy, Afghanistan Olympic Committee and founder of the second largest television station 1TV, to bring social health in Afghanistan.
• Dr. Naqibullah Faiq, Parliamentarian and peace supporter, reducing conflict and providing guidance as a lead member of the Health Committee.
• Shafiq Mureed, musician and green environment supporter, whose music spreads positive messages that encourage people towards healthy community.
• Dr. Ahmad Khalid Kamavi, Afghan physician who served his country in Afghanistan by caring for hundreds of patients and is advancing his specialization training in Dublin, Ireland.
• Dr. Nikos Linardakis, Innovation Director and physician, published author and clinical researcher, who left the comforts of the U.S. to unconditionally help patients and rebuild healthcare in post-war Afghanistan.
• Jawed Amirkhel, musician, whose songs reflect the cultural importance and Pashto influence and has provided songs in honor of students.
• General Mohammad Zahir Zahir, Kabul Police Chief, and General Abdul Raziq, Kandahar Police Commander, who lead the police in difficult matters involving citizens and the police force, risk their lives and help the community at large.
• Mamnoon Maqsoodi, Actor, known for his role as Shad Gul in Da Kundai Zoyee, whose theatrical appearances and teaching continues to build student actors and performances that touch the souls of Afghans.
“Every Award Recipient demonstrates a lifelong commitment to excellence in the public and are steadfast with tireless advocacy for a healthy community. Their devotion for the citizens of Kabul and Afghanistan is limitless,” says Dr. Nikos Linardakis of Blossom Health Care Center.
The Blossom Humanitarian Award was created to recognize outstanding individuals and physicians who dedicate their time and offer human generosity and immense spirit. These individuals improve the community health and inspire the common person. The recipient also demonstrates accomplishments consistent with the goals of Blossom Hospital.
By being a Blossom Humanitarian, the recipient dedicates themselves, regardless of compensation and without expectation, provides equal and cooperative service to all, and embraces moral decencies, honesty and responsibility, to improve the lives of people in need, through continuous selfless and courageous acts.
About Blossom Health Care Center
Blossom Health Care Center is a leading private Hospital located in Kabul, Afghanistan providing a full range of high-quality medical care, with a wide range of diagnostic and laboratory testing services, MRI, CT scanner, and other valued medical and surgical care.
For more information about Blossom, please visit http://www.Blossom-Group.org, email NikoLinardakis(at)yahoo(dot)com or call + 93-744-468444. Event photographs are also available upon request for publication.
Niko Linardakis, Blossom Health Care Center, http://www.Blossom-Group.org, +1 385-227-3542, [email protected]