CA, USA (PRWEB) July 25, 2013 -- Those retailers who are considering taking their business in an online space are usually confronted with the problem to choose an eCommerce platform. There are primarily two different types of eCommerce platforms:
- An open sourced platform, and
- A proprietary platform.
An apposite web store platform is a foundation laid for an additional successful marketing channel for the retail store. In addition to this, there are certain defining factors that retailers need to cogitate for selecting an eCommerce platform from an open sourced platform or a licensed one like 24Seven Cart.
- The ease of installing & deploying the web store.
- The adept and effective usage of the web store.
- Accommodate customizations
- Scope for upgrade and patch support.
- The architectural security of the web store platform.
- Ability to manage the high amount of retail operations.
The relative intricacies associated with the eCommerce platforms have led LAN Services LLC to revamp and relaunch its proprietary eCommerce platform, 24Seven Cart. The refurbished web store platform has improved on the followings:
- Installation Ease: The installation & deployment of eCommerce platform is a complex task that requires a certain amount technical awareness for installing, configuring and operating the web store application. Since, most of the times, the online retailers are not very familiar with the technical know-how, a ready to install licensed web store platform, like 24Seven Cart, work wonders. It eliminates the requirement to have knowledge about programming languages, web servers, databases and internet security.
- Incorporating customizations: Since the whole eCommerce platform of 24Seven Cart is endogenously developed, incorporating & integrating any kind of requests for add-ons, extensions and plug-ins is an easy task. Incompatibility issue doesn’t arise and web store is accessible from different browsers.
- Security & the customer service: Since the source codes for the licensed web store platform is in-house developed, it’s not much susceptible to immoral outside elements as in the case of open source.
Additionally, operating an eCommerce store requires a certain amount of technical proficiency that is necessary or maneuvering the web store in a dynamic environment. The licensed eCommerce platforms are standardized and deftly handle any kind of issues.
Both the eCommerce platforms certainly have benefits and disadvantages, it’s the online retailer who needs to access his/her needs whether to go with open sourced or licensed eCommerce platform like 24Seven Cart.
24Seven Cart is the flagship product under the aegis of LAN Services which is a California-based company. The company offers a wide range of e-retailing solutions like RMS eCommerce integration, search engine marketing, point-of-sale solution for quick service restaurants, online store management, etc. For detailed information about the 24Seven Cart and/or LAN Services, please visit http://www.lanservices.com or http://www.24sevencart.com.
Anil Jindal, LAN Services, LLC, http://www.24sevencart.com, 1-877-294-8739, [email protected]