Chicago, Illinois (PRWEB) November 08, 2013 -- In today’s economy, many people are looking for ways to save money on their monthly expenses, and one of the big costs is homeowner’s insurance. This is particularly true as homeowner’s insurance costs continue to rise in most places throughout the country. AlarmSystemReport.com, a site that provides reviews of the nation’s top home security systems, including Protect America Reviews, has created a list of ways people can cut their homeowner’s insurance costs, easily and effectively.
1. Increase deductible levels. Homeowner’s insurance isn’t designed to cover the small things. It’s better used for catastrophic events, so increasing deductibles can save money on premiums and will probably still provide adequate coverage in case of a real emergency.
2. Choose the location of a home carefully. This plays a big role in homeowner’s insurance costs. For consumers on the market for a new home, it’s best to choose areas that aren’t close to regions susceptible to floods, earthquakes, etc.
3. Don’t use insurance for small claims. This is going to significantly increase insurance costs. Instead, rely on homeowner’s insurance for the really big stuff, and you’ll end up paying less in premiums.
4. Consider combining several insurance policies with one provider. For example, combine auto and homeowner’s insurance for big savings.
5. Don’t pay for unneeded coverage. For example, homeowners who don’t live in an earthquake-prone zone probably don’t need this coverage. Another way to cut costs would be not covering jewelry if it’s not very valuable.
6. Make smart home improvements. Not only can some home improvements, like roof strapping, improve a home’s value, but they can lower insurance costs.
7. Installing a top home alarm system is a great way to cut homeowner’s insurance premiums. Contact a home alarm company to find a good value on a great system. Many alarm companies offer numerous discounts and special pricing opportunities. Not only will an alarm system reduce homeowner’s insurance costs, but it can also be a potentially life-saving addition to a home. Installing a cutting edge security system can actually save as much as 15 to 20 percent on the cost homeowner’s insurance.
8. Understand the importance credit rating plays in the cost of homeowner’s insurance. Many policy holders don’t realize that a less than perfect credit rating can mean higher premiums, so clean up that credit before shopping for a policy.
9. Assess policy coverage on an annual basis. There may be things covered in a homeowner’s policy that no longer hold the same value, so eliminating coverage for these items can save a lot of money.
10. Shop around. Consumers shouldn’t just go with the first company they contact. Instead, compare rates and use comparisons as leverage with other companies to negotiate rates.
AlarmSystemReport.com is the nation’s leading third-party provider of information and reviews of home alarm companies. The site offers state-by-state information, so whether a consumer is searching for information about Connecticut security systems or Kansas security systems, Alarm System Report can provide valuable information.
Steven Ordona, AlarmSystemReport.com, http://www.alarmsystemreport.com, 571-235-4565, [email protected]