(PRWEB) April 23, 2015 -- Spring is officially here, and Americans will welcome the season with a spring clean for their homes and their diets. Planet Smoothie announces the “Top 3 Ways to Spring Clean Your Diet” campaign with a line of three new smoothies.
Spring cleaning can be a drag, so you need to have passion to make it through the process. That’s why the new smoothie line is called What’s Your Passion? – and includes three new smoothies to help folks load up on antioxidants with tropical flavors for spring. The smoothies feature three trending ingredients - passion fruit, chia seeds and tart cherry juice - must-have additions to healthy diets.
The What’s Your Passion? line is the company’s latest weapon in the Smoothie Wars – a surging $2 billion-a-year business expected to increase another 25 percent over the next few years.
“When we think spring, many of us crave a fresh start, so we spring clean our homes. We’re encouraging people to think past their closets and consider a spring clean for their diets, as well,” says Donna Smith, VP of Marketing at Planet Smoothie, one of the nation’s longest standing smoothie chains. “Our smoothies with these exciting ingredients are refreshing, tropical, healthy meal replacements for people on-the-go who are looking for a fresh take on food.”
Planet Smoothie’s “Top 3 Ways to Spring Clean Your Diet”
Studies show 3/4 of Americans spring clean their homes each year – why not spring clean your diet too?
1. Stop the Stress and Save Your Skin
There’s a smoothie for that! Passionate Blues – contains passion fruit (purple fruit of the passionflower that’s grown in South America), grape juice, blueberries and acai.
● Passion fruit is rich in antioxidants (which may prevent premature aging and wrinkles) and vitamin A (crucial for maintaining good vision, healthy skin, cell growth and reproduction). Also a great source of dietary fiber, high in potassium and heart-healthy.
● Passion fruit and blueberries are stress-fighting fruits – both are rich in vitamin C – a known stress buster. Just one serving of passion fruit gives you all the vitamin C you need each day.
● Exotic fruits, including passion fruit, have seen a 34 percent increase on menus nationwide since 2010.
2. Strengthen Your Immune System
There’s a smoothie for that! Mango Passion – contains passion fruit,
mangos and strawberries.
● Passion fruit is rich in antioxidants which provide protection against illness and certain diseases by keeping your immune system strong.
● The damage caused by free radicals may ultimately lead to many chronic diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, heart disease, arthritis, dementia and diabetes.
3. Get Moving, Get Your Zzzs and Go After Goals
There’s a smoothie for that! Cherry Chia Chiller – contains tart cherry juice, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and chia seeds.
● Chia seeds are known to help with weight loss and digestion as they naturally hydrate the body and absorb up to 12 times their own weight, curbing the appetite.
● Chia seeds are called the “running seed” because they help pre-hydrate muscles to get the most out of a workout, improve stamina, and increase energy and endurance!
● Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants and help keep skin, hair and nails healthy and shiny.
● Chia seeds support heart health – chia has one of the highest levels of omega-3 fatty acids than any other food – even more than salmon!
● These flavorless seeds have seen a 67 percent increase on menus nationwide in the past year alone!*
● Tart cherry juice is a natural source of melatonin, which helps people sleep and can reduce the severity of insomnia - studies show if people drink this juice twice a day, it could provide 90 more minutes of sleep a night.**
● In 2012, tart cherries were declared to have the highest anti-inflammatory content of any food.*** They aid in muscle recovery, which is why professional athletes may incorporate this into their diets.****
● Tart cherries can help naturally boost dopamine levels which can improve concentration, motor skills and curb depression.
- Menu trends provided by Datassential
** Research presented at the Experimental Biology 2014 meeting (Prevention Magazine)
About Planet Smoothie:
Planet Smoothie, intent on redefining the smoothie category, was founded in 1995 and is among the country’s top smoothie concepts. The brand appeals to a demographic of loyal, active and occasion-driven customers who want to live a healthier lifestyle. Planet Smoothie offers real fruit smoothies with lower calorie, lower sugar, and higher protein options, providing customers with a quick, portable snack or meal replacement. Planet Smoothie’s menu is organized into lifestyle categories to assist customers in finding the smoothie that helps them to achieve their personal goals, including protein, energy, and Lite categories. In 2011, Planet Smoothie was acquired by Tasti D-Lite LLC, the lower calorie frozen dessert chain. The acquisition allows both brands to broaden product offerings, improve retail sales and accelerate unit growth through cobranding initiatives. Planet Smoothie currently operates 110 locations in 18 states. For more information, please visit http://www.planetsmoothie.com.
Stacey Hilton, Planet Smoothie, http://www.planetsmoothie.com, +1 (919) 459-8163, [email protected]
SOURCE Planet Smoothie