NEW YORK, Feb. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/
Lounge Lizard is globally recognized as a top website design company, - within the web design and development industry. Lounge Lizard's brandtenders are creative, tech-savvy, and passionate in developing innovative strategies that drive conversion for both startup and established clients of all industries, making them the "best of breed since 1998."
Engagement is a hot topic on the web. When you have a website you want it to be interesting and engaging to customers to capture their attention and then deliver a great experience. There are certain areas on your website that are important and should be an area of focus if you truly want the most out of your site. Today the NY based website design company, Lounge Lizard, shares the 5 things you should improve on your website for better engagement.
1. Content engagement – It is fairly simple; the more time people are digesting your content means the more likely they are to complete a conversion. So how can you ensure your site is maximizing your content's ability to engage? The easiest thing to do is to use A/B testing on your most important content pages to determine how various factors play into your levels of engagement. This should include content placement, style of content (such as storytelling versus infographics), headlines, font, design layouts, etc. Consider what you find engaging when you visit a site then take that perspective and look at your own site. What might be causing boredom? Then use A/B testing to help make corrections and increase engagement.
2. Encourage commentary – Another way to increase engagement is to invite people into the conversation. Good content can be the starting point for conversations, which then leads to more engagement. To start, make sure your site has the ability for users to post comments. Next, encourage conversations by ending content with words that encourage engagement such as, "What do you think will be the….." or "Share your thoughts about…." Then, when people do comment make sure to take the time to respond to them and look for ways to keep the conversation going in your replies. Last, but not least, make sure your content has the appropriate social sharing buttons available so that people can spread the content, and conversation, to social media accounts.
3. Add a Chat Box – A chat box is a very powerful tool to have on your home page. This tool, which has been getting more sophisticated and useful, provides a very easy way for people to engage with your site and get important questions and concerns addressed. When you have a live person monitoring the chat box make sure a headshot of them along with their name is displayed so that people know they are talking to a real person rather than a chatbot. On the flip side, when you don't have someone available make sure a message is displayed that lets people know that and then provide the option of leaving a message. Or, you can also use a chatbot for the times real people aren't available.
4. Blazing speed – You need your site to be lighting fast if you want to maximize engagement. It is a simple fact that the slower your site, the less engagement you will have and thus lower conversion rates. There are a lot of things that can be done to boost speed such as using AMP, reducing plugins on your site, compressing images, cleaning up your code and enabling browser caching.
5. Create compelling CTAs – Calls to Action are the bread and butter of your conversions and as such they need to be as compelling (engaging) as possible. Another way to look at them is as prompts to get customers to do specific tasks. If you are providing them with persuasive prompts then you are reducing the chance they will move towards your final goal. This again is a place when A/B testing should be used religiously to ensure you have maximized the ability of your CTAs to engage. Placement, style, color, language and relevancy are the key points to test. For example, in some cases you want to create a sense of urgency to accomplish an action such as "Buy it now…only a few left!" But that same style of CTA will be pointless when you want to get someone to sign up for your weekly newsletter.
Lounge Lizard Website Design Company is an award-winning, high-end design boutique specializing in website and mobile app development, UX/UI, branding, and marketing. Lounge Lizard excels in creating the ultimate brand strategy, fully loaded with expertly crafted visuals that work together to increase sales and effectively communicate a client's unique personality.
Media Contact: Ken Braun, Lounge Lizard, 631-581-1000, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Lounge Lizard