NEW YORK, Feb. 7, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/
Lounge Lizard is globally recognized as one of New York's top web development companies, - within the web design and development industry. Lounge Lizard's brandtenders are creative, tech-savvy, and passionate in developing innovative strategies that drive conversion for both startup and established clients of all industries, making them the "best of breed since 1998."
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) are poised to become the next big thing when it comes to use of image types for your website. In a nutshell they are an XML-based vector image format for two-dimensional graphics that include support for both animation and interactivity. As they are universally supported across both desktop and mobile browsers they provide an excellent solution for our evolving mobile web. Today the NY based website design company, Lounge Lizard, shares the Top 5 reasons to use SVG graphics.
- Responsive resolution – One of the biggest benefits in responsive web design is the scalability. SVG images can be scaled in the same manner because of their vector nature. Since the image is resolution independent it will look sharp no matter what pixel density it is being viewed on which is a big benefit as we focus more and more on creating responsive websites that look great on all devices. You need images that are crisp and clear for both smartphones and desktop viewing.
- Style friendly – You can style elements inside of SVG using class names or IDs. This allows for subtle adjustments to graphics to make them fit the overall design more seamlessly. This is important when you find a great image but need to adjust the colors, for example, to have a better fit to the overall appearance of a page.
- Animation friendly– Elements inside SVG can be animated! This offers up a lot of options for creative designers, most notably adding minor animation to images, icons, or interfaces to help craft a more intuitive user interface and help funnel users in the right direction. Even minor animation can help attract the eye of a user and move them towards the next stage such as a CTA.
- Interactive– SVG has a Document Object Model (DOM) that can be navigated which then allows for the creation of interactive elements. This is similar to how you can create interactive elements with HTML and CSS. Again, this increases the options available for creative designers and developers to craft highly functional and unique sites.
- Small size – Since the images are drawn from a set of coordinates, the files sizes are almost always smaller than other image types when optimized. The vector nature ends up providing a huge bonus in this regard because image file size is directly related to page load speeds and the smaller, the better, especially if that image provides more customization and design options than larger counterparts.
Website development company, Lounge Lizard is an award-winning, high-end design boutique specializing in website and mobile app development, UX/UI, branding, and marketing. Lounge Lizard excels in creating the ultimate brand strategy, fully loaded with expertly crafted visuals that work together to increase sales and effectively communicate a client's unique personality.
Media Contact: Ken Braun, Lounge Lizard, 631-581-1000, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Lounge Lizard