San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) July 30, 2013 -- Code-cracking Harvard Professor Robert Langdon is at it again and Viator.com has launched a brand new tour that puts fans of Dan Brown’s latest work into the heart of one of its primary settings – Florence.
In his latest novel – ‘Inferno’ – Brown combines Dante Alighieri’s The Divine Comedy with cutting-edge science and technology to create a thriller filled with codes, symbols and secrets, as well as some of Florence’s major (and mesmerizing) sights including Palazzo Vecchio and the Baptistry of Florence. During the Dan Brown ‘Inferno’ Tour of Florence, fans of Robert Langdon and his many intrigues will spend half a day with an expert local guide exploring several city attractions featured in the book’s mysterious plot.
For those eager for more, an upgrade option to a full day tour is available which includes a skip-the-line tour of the Uffizi Gallery and the secret Vasari Corridor also featured in the book. The walls of Florence’s hidden corridor are lined with one of the world's largest portrait collections, and the expert guide will point out highlights along the way, telling little-known stories about Inferno's mysterious characters.
“We are very excited to be launching a tour dedicated to Inferno, giving travelers insight into the fabric of the novel and just as importantly, the culture of Florence and the work of Dante,” said Kelly Gillease, vice president and head of marketing for Viator. “Similar to the reaction to our recently launched Game of Thrones tours, we anticipate travelers will enjoy getting an insider’s glimpse into the novel’s captivating settings that create an exhilarating and evocative backdrop.”
Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes and others – yes, they were books first!
The Inferno tour joins a group of hand-picked tours that feature the sights, sounds and scenery that create the settings for a number of popular books. Many are most well-known however for their big-screen adaptations featuring the likes of Tom Hanks and Robert Downey, Jr. with Inferno set to join those ranks in December 2015.
“The Da Vinci Code” and “Angels & Demons”
• Explore Dan Brown’s famed best-seller The Da Vinci Code on the Da Vinci Code and Scottish Borders Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh including an exploration of Rosslyn Chapel and a key element of the novel – the Holy Grail.
• Continue to follow in Langdon’s footsteps as he travails throughout the heart of the Eternal City during the Rome Angels and Demons Half-Day Tour.
The Harry Potter Series
• With a muggles-expert guide by your side, see countless London landmarks that inspired J K Rowling to write her acclaimed Harry Potter novels during the Harry Potter Film Location Tour of London.
• No one knows the streets of London, or the Harry Potter hot spots, better than a black taxi driver. Experience both during the Private Tour: Harry Potter Black Taxi Tour of London.
• Another magical journey following in Rowling’s wizards is the Private Tour: Chauffeur-Driven Harry Potter Tour of London – a personalized experience that goes at the travelers’ pace.
• Combining some favorite English icons that span multiple genre, the Private Tour: The London of Shakespeare, the Beatles, James Bond and Sherlock Holmes by Traditional Black Cab includes a quick visit to 221B Baker Street where Holmes’ creator, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, lived and practiced medicine.
• Visit the literary haunts (and movie locations) of the Victorian-era detective during the Sherlock Holmes Film Location Tour in London.
For more information about these and other literary jaunts as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, travelers can visit Viator.com, the Viator Travel Blog and follow Viator on Facebook and Twitter.
Viator is the world’s leading resource to discover and book travel activities, providing online and mobile access to more than 15,000 curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 350,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site -- Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android, the Viator Shore Excursions website as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 2,500 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.
Kate Sullivan, Viator, (973) 568-7589, [email protected]