New York, NY (PRWEB) May 30, 2014 -- Interior design authority Viyet, the design aficionado's destination to buy and sell timeless furniture and accessories, will introduce a full redesign of Viyet.com on June 11, further strengthening its position as the leading online source for high-end, pre-owned designer home furnishings.
The site was fully reimagined to give Viyet’s community of designer insiders a cleaner, more intuitive shopping experience. The upgrade follows on the heels of the one-year anniversary of Viyet’s launch and the introduction of a trade program for interior designers.
“The redesign reflects our belief that creating an upscale visual experience paired with simple, more intuitive navigation is the ultimate platform for Viyet speak to our devoted design community,” said Elizabeth Brown, Chief Executive Officer.
Viyet’s sophisticated new look is defined by higher-quality imagery, typography, and color selections. This richer aesthetic is reflected in the new homepage where three sliding panels showcase vibrant photography and highlight featured product, setting the tone for the more refined shopping environment experienced throughout the site.
Enhancements for SHOPPERS include:
• MORE EFFICIENT NAVIGATION with the ability to shop by style aesthetic, designer, price, color, materials, and type of furniture. The redesign features comprehensive filtering and sorting functionality, allowing targeted browsing and shopping.
• BETTER QUALITY IMAGERY enables users to view product images full-screen, giving shoppers a true sense of texture, condition, and other small details on par with viewing in person.
• DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS - More robust information on product pages emphasizing key details such as dimensions, materials, provenance, and an easy-to-read condition report which is essential for consignment.
• ON THE GO – The new website design is fully responsive, providing the same seamless experience for desktops, tablets, and other mobile devices, a key feature for Viyet’s active base of design professionals.
And, for SELLERS:
• EASY-TO-USE SUBMISSION FORM - Those interested in selling with Viyet can now easily and quickly submit details on items they wish to list using Viyet’s simple online form.
• INSTANT FEEDBACK – Potential sellers will now receive a resale price estimate on the spot, providing an immediate sense of how much income they can expect to recoup through Viyet’s services.
For the community of top interior designers that rely on Viyet to sell client pieces as well as source finds for current projects, the website will introduce many new features for the benefit of trade users. Among these will be the ability for design partners to showcase portfolio images directly on Viyet’s homepage, curate virtual showrooms with Viyet product to reflect their own unique aesthetic, and participate in opportunities to further communicate their design philosophy to Viyet’s sophisticated audience through the company’s blog and social media properties.
The Viyet site redesign was spearheaded by Chief Technology Officer Sameer Khanna, formerly of luxury wine ecommerce site Lot18, working hand-in-hand with the in-house development and design teams.
Viyet.com is the leading online destination for curated furniture, lighting, accessories, and art from top design professionals and other design insiders. The company was launched in April 2013 to provide a full-service, white glove solution for buying and selling pre-owned designer furnishings online in a manner that is simple, trustworthy, and always discreet. Viyet consigns inventory from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut, and sells nationally as well as overseas. The furniture, lighting, art and accessories sold via Viyet come from the top designers, brands and showrooms including Baker, Blu Dot, Campana Brothers, Campion Platt, Christian Liaigre, Dennis Miller, Desiron, Frank Gehry, George Smith, Herman Miller, Hickory Chair, Alexa Hampton, Holly Hunt, John Robshaw, Jonathan Adler, Kartell, Knoll, Ligne Roset, Maharam, Michael Taylor, Mies van der Rohe, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, Noguchi, Philippe Starck, Thom Filicia, and Vitra, among others.
Joanne Gibbs, K+J Agency, LLC, http://www.kj-agency.com, +1 (917) 797-4698, [email protected]