NEW YORK, June 13, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/
Lounge Lizard is globally recognized as a top web design company within the web design and development industry. Lounge Lizard's brandtenders are creative, tech-savvy, and passionate in developing innovative strategies that drive conversion for both startup and established clients of all industries, making them the "best of breed since 1998."
Keywords are the backbone of any good SEO strategy, however if you aren't careful you can easily overuse them. By that we mean you are optimizing too many pages or multiple pieces ofcontent to the same keyword which basically then tosses that content or those pages into the gladiator arena to fight it out for dominance. Search engines end up looking at these pages as if they were competing with each other for rankings rather than helping each other gain a higher ranking. Today the NY based web design company, Lounge Lizard, shares 5 tips to avoid keyword overuse.
- Complete an SEO audit. This is a "First things first," scenario where the absolute most important step you can take to review your site involves an in-depth SEO audit. An audit will provide key information such as keywords on pages and in content along with the effectiveness of content in search rankings. Once you have performed the audit and downloaded the data into a spreadsheet you can get a better handle on what is working and where the problems are.
- Analyze data at the page level. To prevent duplication and cannibalization issues with keywords, organize pages by keyword. By evaluating data at the page level it is easier to decide if and where to make changes based on the importance of each page to your overall goals. Pages suffering from multiple keywords need to be refined so that you focus on one keyword per page or at most one primary and one secondary per page.
- Eliminate low quality pages. Low quality, outdated, and duplicate pages should be immediately eliminated from your site. You can do this by redirecting those pages with permanent 301 redirects. This is an added bonus to the page being redirected to, as it gains any residual ranking power the old page had while also removing low ranking pages to increase overall authority. Both low quality and outdated pages can be reviewed for content topics to be added into the content calendar with an eye towards providing higher ranking pieces the next time around.
- Perform an internal link audit. Internal links can cause duplication headaches over time. As a site grows and changes you need to perform link audits, both internal and external, to keep your site optimized. Target keywords should only link to the target page and the anchor text should always be the target words.
- Adjust top keywords and content. This is a modification step that can be taken to help maximize your most important keywords. During the audit process you can also track top performing content and keywords and when it makes sense, match them together. By combining your best content with result-producing keywords you will increase your effectiveness.
Lounge Lizard Long Island Web Design is an award-winning, high-end design boutique specializing in website and mobile app development, UX/UI, branding, and marketing. Lounge Lizard excels in creating the ultimate brand strategy, fully loaded with expertly crafted visuals that work together to increase sales and effectively communicate a client's unique personality.
Media Contact: Scott Darrohn, fishbat, 855-347-4228, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Lounge Lizard