Miami, FL (PRWEB) January 29, 2014 -- whiteCryption®, a leading provider of software code and data protection, today announced Cryptanium™ for Mobile Payment. The new security solution provides protection for mobile payment and financial apps running on popular mobile operating systems including iOS and Android.
In line with third party research findings, whiteCryption’s scientists have developed new software protection technologies that protect financial mobile apps from cybercriminals:
• Lack of protection against reverse engineering of code which can be used to decrypt and steal account information;
• Lack of jailbreak and/or root detection, making apps vulnerable to reverse engineering and malware;
• Unprotected code providing access to credentials, which can be used to maliciously access the bank’s infrastructure;
• Sensitive information exposed in log files;
• Sensitive information exposed in crash reports, which can be exploited to plant malware or spyware on the victim’s mobile phone;
• Unencrypted local database(s) used to store sensitive information that an attacker could steal;
• Unprotected app resources and metadata, such as images, which can be used to create a phishing app;
• Security holes allowing bank check images to be stolen as they are scanned;
• Security holes allowing credit card and bank account information to be stolen as they are entered into the app, by reading user interface text fields.
whiteCryption protects against these identified threats using its two products:
• Cryptanium Secure Key Box, a white box cryptographic library that implements standard cryptographic algorithms in a way that completely hides cryptographic keys.
• Cryptanium Code Protection, a comprehensive tool for hardening modern software applications on multiple platforms.
The combination of the Cryptanium Secure Key Box and Cryptanium Code Protection technologies provides a high level of application protection as it incorporates:
Binary file packing
“Given the high potential for financial losses associated with cyber-attacks on financial applications, it is critical that companies take concrete steps to ensure the security of their mobile apps,” said David Maher, President of whiteCryption. “With its unique mobile app security technology, Cryptanium can greatly reduce the vulnerability of mobile payment apps and significantly reduce the exposure financial institutions face.”
Learn more about how Cryptanium addresses the weaknesses of today’s financial apps at: http://www.cryptanium.com/solutions/financial_app_protection
Try Cryptanium for free by registering at http://www.cryptanium.com/register.
whiteCryption is a leading provider of software code protection and white-box cryptography products. whiteCryption is an Intertrust company that supplies its patented technologies to the world's leading software, hardware, and content companies. For further information, visit http://www.cryptanium.com.
# # #
Buckley & Kaldenbach Inc.
703.533.9805 | 703.201.3524 (m)
Leigh Anne Varney
Varney Business Communication
Robin Buckley, +1 (703) 201-3524, [email protected]